Cipher Pol 10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Division

HomeHome  PortailPortail  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Champion's Advocates Challenge

Go down 
+5
Fire Prower
Kaento
BOOMage
BusterZoid
Chuban
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuban

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Champion's Advocates Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008 - 0:32

Champion's Advocates Challenge Logo_phpBB

Cipher Pol 10, you've just been challenged by "Champion's Advocates". This war will count on the WCB Ladders, and will be a determining factor in who stays in first place- or who takes it. We're currently in 3rd and looking for the top spot.

Of course, the rules. Written by yours truly:

Quote :
The following format is the WifiClanBattles Approved challenge and match format.
All input, issues, and concerns should be directed to the Suggestion section of our forums.

Matches will consist of:
Total match count must equal an odd number
For example:
2- 1v1's and 3- 2v2's
7- 1v1's and 4- 2v2's

The One on One matches have the following rules.
- 3 stock
- Best 2/3
- No Items
The Two on Two matches have the following rules.
- 3 Stock
- Best 2/3
- No Items
Allowed Stages (as of now)
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi Island
-Lyat Cruise

A win will result in a point. The clan with the most points at the end of all matches wins the war.
Matches that experience a disturbing level of lag should result in a rematch. If you have any problems, contact a Leauge Manager for assistance.

We'll most likely have around 7 members readily available for the match, with 7 1v1's and 2 2v2's. That could change, of course, but hopefully everyone remembers.

Anyway, the day is up to you. Any day after next Thursday (besides tuesdays) would be okay with us. I'll keep looking at this thread for your responses; thanks, guys! I'll tell you if anything changes.
Back to top Go down
BusterZoid
Leader
BusterZoid

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008 - 0:40

I wouldn't mind accepting but I have to ask everyoone else first XD

Well, i'll let you know whats going on with us right now. We have 2 clan wars coming up. One on june 20th against the brawling gods and the other on july 6th against the firestar clan. So our war would be sometime after that, I hope you don't mind. And also, im fine with the rules as long in the team battle you can not hurt your team mate (no friendly fire! lol) Also, since this war is important would you want to have 3 team battles and 6 singless battles? Also, can we have no repeating members(each member can only do one match) bounce
Back to top Go down
https://cp10ssbb.forumakers.com
Chuban

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008 - 1:14

We don't really have enough members to not have anybody repeat, and we also only have 4 members willing to do 2v2's. As for friendly fire... my clan likes to play with it on. We'll have to figure that one out.

My argument is that it's there for a reason, which is to add strategy. The only reason to turn it off is that you can make it easier on yourself. You have to find out how to work around it. That's half of what playing 2v2 is all about (the other, obviously, is how you compliment your partner).

For the date, is there any way to have it earlier? Next week (besides Friday, of course) would be nice with us, although if some of you still have school then we can work around it. I'm not one to anticipate, and the longer I wait the more restless I get. It's an annoying attribute I have...
Back to top Go down
BusterZoid
Leader
BusterZoid

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008 - 1:32

Sorry we can't do next week. I still have to ask all our members if they accept or not. Okay then how about this. 3 singles matches and 2 team matches. That equals 7 participants from each clan that way there are no repeats.

Also, for the friendly fire. I believe team brawls should have them turned off or else its not really a team match. You can barely compliment your partner without injuring him. If its on you might as well just have a normal brawl with 4 people and have 2 of the people work together occasionally. =/
Back to top Go down
BOOMage
Captain
BOOMage

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008 - 1:34

uh nice banner

sure I'll play.
Back to top Go down
Chuban

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008 - 1:57

Man, what do you guys have against repeats?

I'm not trying to be mean, but we have people who like to play both. How many members do you have?

Last edited by Chuban on Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 2:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BusterZoid
Leader
BusterZoid

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008 - 2:00

XD Sorry its just me. Unless you wanna do a round robin war?
Back to top Go down
Kaento

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008 - 2:07

Yo, CP10. Smile

Well, I'm really into the idea of friendly fire.
Without friendly fire, there's a lot more spamming of moves.
Besides, in most other team type of games you can hit your teammate, and friendly fire opens up a big avenue of strategies (e.g. Gale boomerang manuevering, G&W bucket, saving your teammate by hitting them, psi magnet healing, reflecting of teammate's projectiles, etc. etc.) that you couldn't use without it on. It also promotes communication so the team members know what their partner is doing.

But, I suppose if you guys really want it off then we can work with that.

I'd much rather prefer it on though, and I think it's much more interesting with it on.
Back to top Go down
BusterZoid
Leader
BusterZoid

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008 - 2:11

Well if you put it like that it does indeed sound pretty cool XD
I'll ask around to clan members to hear their thought but I have to tell you most likely all of them are no XD. How about if my members say no we leave it with no friendly fire because you are the ones thgat challenged us. I really don't care either way but would prefer it off.
Back to top Go down
Fire Prower
CP10 member
Fire Prower

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008 - 2:15

I'd perfer it off.
Back to top Go down
http://s11.invisionfree.com/Galaxian_Knights/
Return_to_Sender
CP10 member
Return_to_Sender

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008 - 3:08

i prefer friendly fire on myself. It brings a new element to the game and makes the game more intersring. You work together with your partener and work around each other.

To me with it off is ridiculuos. There are many ways to make the game cheap and could overall make this so much less fun than it is.

So personally i woukd prefer it on
Back to top Go down
Luffythesoundninja
CP10 member
Luffythesoundninja

Number of posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008 - 14:25

Kaento wrote:
Yo, CP10. Smile

Well, I'm really into the idea of friendly fire.
Without friendly fire, there's a lot more spamming of moves.
Besides, in most other team type of games you can hit your teammate, and friendly fire opens up a big avenue of strategies (e.g. Gale boomerang manuevering, G&W bucket, saving your teammate by hitting them, psi magnet healing, reflecting of teammate's projectiles, etc. etc.) that you couldn't use without it on. It also promotes communication so the team members know what their partner is doing.

But, I suppose if you guys really want it off then we can work with that.

I'd much rather prefer it on though, and I think it's much more interesting with it on.
wow, team pk lovin could really benefit from this. ok I'm all for it ^_^
Back to top Go down
BusterZoid
Leader
BusterZoid

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008 - 15:40

fine friendly fire it is.
Back to top Go down
BusterZoid
Leader
BusterZoid

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008 - 18:25

Okay we accept your challenge ChAd. Here are the clan's view on the rules.
3 singles matches, and 2 team matches, making a total of 7 participants on each side.
No items. Those stages are fine, but must be agreed upon before the match. We will accept to have friendly fire on (you persuaded me Kaento XD). The victor will be the clan with the at least 3 wins.
Back to top Go down
Chuban

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Jun 2008 - 0:55

As soon as Kaento and O3gzzz get an internet connection I'll talk it over with them then post here. Thanks, BC.
Back to top Go down
BusterZoid
Leader
BusterZoid

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun 2008 - 15:50

No problem. Also, do you want to film our matches?
Back to top Go down
Enies Lobby
Leader
Enies Lobby

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun 2008 - 20:57

Hmm. Sounds interesting, we'll take the challenge.

When will we have this war?
Back to top Go down
Clan Destined's BlueKirby
Ally Clan Member
Clan Destined's BlueKirby

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2008 - 20:11

Good Luck... You'll need it (But you guys know how to strategize your way to victory!)
Back to top Go down
Chuban

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Jun 2008 - 18:05

So what's a good night for you guys? Would this Thursday be good?
Back to top Go down
BusterZoid
Leader
BusterZoid

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Jun 2008 - 23:08

Sorry this Thursday is a no-can-do. I would also like to have this war after we face clan firestar. So, I'll post the soonest date we're available.
Back to top Go down
BusterZoid
Leader
BusterZoid

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue 1 Jul 2008 - 15:40

How is July 18th or 19th? And can we film our matches?
Back to top Go down
Chuban

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeWed 6 Aug 2008 - 20:43

Sorry it's taken so long, it's been a confusing summer.

Anyway, our roster-
1.Kaento
2.Chuban
3.O3gzzz
4.Danzor
5.Jazz
6.Silvr

That's all I can promise, but we'll have 8 if we need them. We're not really that great at recruiting.

As for the date, the only time that's good for us this week would be tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Chuban

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008 - 12:06

When do you guys want to finish this? Any night from Thursday on is good for us.

Still to play we have-

Singles- Kaento, O3gzzz, ?
Doubles- ? (we're still deciding between 3 people)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Champion's Advocates Challenge   Champion's Advocates Challenge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Champion's Advocates Challenge
Page 1 of 1