Cipher Pol 10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Division

HomeHome  PortailPortail  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Training suggestions!

Go down 
+5
SmashX
Luffythesoundninja
Enies Lobby
Bobinator
Evilegend13
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Evilegend13
CP10 member
Evilegend13

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Training suggestions! Empty
PostSubject: Training suggestions!   Training suggestions! I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Jun 2008 - 13:05

I feel i have been getting ok at Brawl but there are times where i still get destroyed i main as toon link does anyone have any suggestions for me to train so i can become an asset to this clan :]
Back to top Go down
Bobinator
CP10 member
Bobinator

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions!   Training suggestions! I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Jun 2008 - 17:50

Well I use Toon Link a lot too, and the most useful thing is to make use of his projectiles. It will keep them on guard most of the time. Then when they get close, attack them with fierce swordplay. Toon Link's attacks are fast, and quite strong, so when they get near, attack them and send them flying. Then resume with the constant barrage of projectiles. And try to avoid using his air down A move. It's good, but if you miss, you're left wide open to basically any attack, so use with caution.
Back to top Go down
Enies Lobby
Leader
Enies Lobby

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions!   Training suggestions! I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Jun 2008 - 19:13

A good way to train is to fight random CPU's on level 9, meanwhile following the standard NWA rules.

As time goes on and you feel you can beat a level 9 CPU with ease, give yourself a handicap of 50% and keep adding on till you have reached your limit.
Back to top Go down
https://cp10ssbb.forumakers.com
Luffythesoundninja
CP10 member
Luffythesoundninja

Number of posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions!   Training suggestions! I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Jun 2008 - 19:24

I think sometime we should all do an endless online brawl with eachother for practice. Also I still have the codes of the land masters, and Ipractice with them often ^^
Back to top Go down
Evilegend13
CP10 member
Evilegend13

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions!   Training suggestions! I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Jun 2008 - 19:37

Bobinator wrote:
And try to avoid using his air down A move. It's good, but if you miss, you're left wide open to basically any attack, so use with caution.

lol i use that move waaaay to much maybe thats reason i get beat alot
Back to top Go down
Bobinator
CP10 member
Bobinator

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions!   Training suggestions! I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Jun 2008 - 20:42

Evilegend13 wrote:
Bobinator wrote:
And try to avoid using his air down A move. It's good, but if you miss, you're left wide open to basically any attack, so use with caution.

lol i use that move waaaay to much maybe thats reason i get beat alot
Well maybe but I try not to abuse it you know? Just when the timings right.

But the other guys are right Just play more against computers and handicap yourself. But the more experience you get against human players, the better.
Back to top Go down
SmashX
CP10 member
SmashX

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions!   Training suggestions! I_icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun 2008 - 20:12

I just played u yesterday Evil. Judging from your strategies, I suggest that u do more rolls and use that hookshot more often.
Back to top Go down
Return_to_Sender
CP10 member
Return_to_Sender

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions!   Training suggestions! I_icon_minitimeWed 4 Jun 2008 - 22:56

Enies Lobby wrote:
A good way to train is to fight random CPU's on level 9, meanwhile following the standard NWA rules.

As time goes on and you feel you can beat a level 9 CPU with ease, give yourself a handicap of 50% and keep adding on till you have reached your limit.

From my experience playing higher lvl cpu's don't work mostly beacuse they aren't human like. They smash DI everyattack you do to them perfectly and are way to predictable. then setting the handicap to 50% isn't realistic at all. it would help against fighting cpus i don't doubt that but against human players its nit quite sufficient.

i usually do lvl 1's and work on combos and what not then leave the rest of your training by playing actual people and ask for critisizm
Back to top Go down
Enies Lobby
Leader
Enies Lobby

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions!   Training suggestions! I_icon_minitimeThu 5 Jun 2008 - 16:50

Return_to_Sender wrote:
Enies Lobby wrote:

From my experience playing higher lvl cpu's don't work mostly beacuse they aren't human like. They smash DI everyattack you do to them perfectly and are way to predictable. then setting the handicap to 50% isn't realistic at all. it would help against fighting cpus i don't doubt that but against human players its nit quite sufficient.

i usually do lvl 1's and work on combos and what not then leave the rest of your training by playing actual people and ask for critisizm
If you didn't know already, Brawl's CPUs are actually VERY human like.

They're smarter than Melee's CPUs, for sure.
Back to top Go down
https://cp10ssbb.forumakers.com
Fire Prower
CP10 member
Fire Prower

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions!   Training suggestions! I_icon_minitimeMon 9 Jun 2008 - 23:49

Enies Lobby wrote:
Return_to_Sender wrote:
Enies Lobby wrote:

If you didn't know already, Brawl's CPUs are actually VERY human like.

They're smarter than Melee's CPUs, for sure.
The thing is that their AI makes it so they know what move your using as you it.
Back to top Go down
http://s11.invisionfree.com/Galaxian_Knights/
Pretendo
CP10 member
Pretendo

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions!   Training suggestions! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jun 2008 - 21:01

The CPU's can read your button imputs but can't strategize like humans, so fighting them isn't the best training.
Back to top Go down
Return_to_Sender
CP10 member
Return_to_Sender

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions!   Training suggestions! I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun 2008 - 0:44

yea they are smarter i admit but they power shield like every thing and wall tech like its a breeze
Back to top Go down
Xanedil
CP10 member
Xanedil

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions!   Training suggestions! I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Jun 2008 - 20:51

Actually, 1 thing that lv. 9 cpus are good for is if you are trying out a new character. I recently added Kirby and Yoshi to my list of mains(besides Lucas and Lucario.) Usually, if you suck at a character, you'll have a hard time beating a Lv. 9. A good way to see if, for example, luigi is the char for you, pit him against a lv. 9. If you win, you ain't half bad at him, if ya lose, either continue to practice(training mode is another very good way to try out a char) or go on to another character or practice with the ones you are good at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions!   Training suggestions! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training suggestions!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Pol 10 :: Super Smash Bros. Brawl :: CP10 League-
Jump to: